Monday, March 5, 2012

It's Not Easy Being Green

I have been living with green...and when I say green, I mean GREEN!  Green carpet, green paint and even green inset paint on the doors!  I have patiently waited months...make that years for the green to be erased.  I even shared my hate for the green in this post. Finally this weekend the green carpet was evicted!

We had no idea what was under the carpet, so I was a little nervous knowing we'd be living with whatever it was for a while as we paint and re-floor the entire upstairs.  I had nightmares of broken floor boards from the 1900's full of splinters that would get in people and animal feet!  Boy oh boy was I surprised!
First layer under the field of green was of course carpet padding...


second layer...

VINYL!  I couldn't believe it!  It's a sheet of vinyl on top of the original floor boards...what a relief!  Laying a new floor will be simple (so we hope) on top of that!

We have a bit more carpet that has to come up, then we'll paint and lay a nice new floor!  I can't wait...stay tuned...I'm sure it won't be this easy much longer!

2 comments:

  1. You must be the only person excited by vinyl. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure beats the green carpet! I'm just glad we can lay the new floor right on top of it! Now to choose the new floor...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...