Monday, April 23, 2012

A Non-green Smoothie

I have been sharing my spinach-rich Green Smoothie recipes.  You can read about them here and here.

As I've mentioned before my other half will NOT eat green vegetables so there was no way I was going to get him to eat a green smoothie.

So I did some research to find non green fruit or vegetables full of nutrients/vitamins and fiber.  I was very surprised to discover that blackberries have over 7g of fiber in them!  Since berries aren't in season right now I chose to use a bag of frozen mixed berries.




I stuck with the base of coconut milk and banana since it worked so well with the green smoothies and he'd get all the great benefits of both!  I blended it all up...a nice pretty color...well not that pretty, but it wasn't green!



It was met with a little hesitation, but after the first sip he was sold! (whew!)






Non-Green Smoothie #1
2 Bananas
1 Can coconut milk
12 Ounces frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries)
1/4 C cranberry juice


I might try sneaking a little bit of spinach in next time to see if it's even noticed.  As long as it doesn't turn green I think the secret will be safe!





Link Parties



you are talking too much



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. And as long as he doesn't read this post and start to get suspicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right...I also will never be able to share if it did work or not...wink wink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I've never thought of using coconut milk in smoothies. What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...