Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spinach Smoothie #2

After a week of spinach smoothies I have decided I am going to continue creating and consuming these vitamin  packed smoothies! You can see my original recipe here.

I am not sure if it was a mental trick of if I physiologically was more energetic and feeling alive!  Either way I liked how I felt and so I wanted to try a new recipe.

I chose not to use any dairy products this time.  Coconut milk is a non dairy alternative packed with health benefits.  If you're interested in the nutritional breakdown the coconut research center has a great .pdf available here.


Spinach Smoothie #2 (Makes approximately 4 smoothies)
2 Bananas
1 can coconut milk
3 rings of pineapple (canned)
1 kiwi
4 handfuls of spinach

I really enjoyed the fruitiness of this smoothie.  I did have to use canned pineapple, I am sure it would be even better with fresh!

Linked to: Chef In Training, Hookin Up with HOH, Frugal Friday, Functional Friday

6 comments:

  1. Hmmmm....you just may have convinced me to try them with this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend trying variations to find something you like, but using "islandy" fruit certainly makes it refreshing and yummy! Let me know how you like it and if you come up with any good recipes! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Yummy. I like this combination. Especially since it is such a hot day today. Something tropical sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good. I've been wanting to try adding spinach into smoothies and when I juice. I've heard you can't even taste it. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you enjoy your egg salad! Have a wonderful day :)
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good. Now I just have to be brave enough to try a spinach smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good! A great way to get our fruit and veggies. Thanks so much for stopping by to link up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...