Monday, May 21, 2012

Cumin Chickpea Salad


As I've mentioned before I'm not a fan of leafy things...unless it's blended up in a spinach smoothie! I do like making my own salad dressings though.  So why does a salad dressing need to go on a leafy salad?  I suppose it doesn't!  Who made that rule anyway?

For lunch the other day I opened my refrigerator and my pantry...gave it some thought and whipped together a Cumin Chickpea Salad.

Cumin Chickpea Salad


Ingredients

2 Cucumber - English (little)
1 can Chickpeas
1/2 C chopped Red onion
1 Avocado

Dressing
Olive Oil 4 Tblsp
Rice Vinegar 3 Tblsp
Lime Juice 1 Tblsp
Cumin 1 Tsp

First chop up some little English Cucumbers.

Then toss that on top of your drained chickpeas.

Add some chopped red onion (amount depends on your tastes...I like onion!)

Avocado is the last ingredient to add.  (If you are going to save leftovers, I would recommend adding the avocado individually so that you do not have to worry about it setting in the refrigerator...this recipe made 2 lunches for me.)


Toss with the dressing and serve!  
I really enjoyed the mix of flavors...it was punchy, tangy and sweet! 



Linked To:
  apinchofjoy.com Keeping It Simple Chef In Training









Somewhat SimpleWhat's cooking, love?
The Shabby Nest

10 comments:

  1. I like the dressing. So simple. I'll have to try it. I am not a fan of chickpeas though so I will have to use it on something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you like black beans? I think that would work as well. I do like using rice vinegar - thanks for introducing me to it! It has a unique flavor that i really like with the cumin!

      Delete
  2. And how do you like the rice vinegar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks tasty! I've totally been throwing a 1/2 cup of chickpeas in the microwave for 30 seconds and them putting them on top of salad with 1/8 to 1/4 cup of feta cheese. It's awesome. You get some filling protein and they are so good warm with that cheese and the salad. This looks great! I'll definitely be trying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of putting chickpeas in the microwave...I will have to try that! I don't know that I have ever had cooked chickpeas, you've opened my eyes to so many possibilities!! :) Thanks for stoppying by!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jenn,
    We would just love your Cumin Chickpea Salad, it looks delicious! Hope you have a special week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so delicious! I think that dressing would go with so many different salads too. I will give it a try. Thanks!

    If you would like to join in with another weekend linky party, my Say G'Day Saturday link up has begun and I would be thrilled if you could join in!

    I'm following you too and look forward to reading more of your blog!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This salad looks great. I am not that big of a fan of lettuce, so this is a great salad for me! Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday. I hope to see you at the next party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Alyssa! I will be sure to link up again this week! Let me know if you try the salad and what you think!
      I'd like to invite you to share any patriotic type recipes or projects at my Patriotic Link-Up Party: http://www.ourhousestory.net/2012/05/patriotic-link-up-party.html

      You have some great picnic or camping recipes that would be great to link up!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...