Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Bargain Centerpiece

I wanted to create a centerpiece on the coffee table.  Something that brought an earthy feeling to the room.
I was able to create a warm yet natural, simple candle centerpiece without spending a ton of money. 

This project was cheap and easy!  I already had the wooden bowl.  During a fun trip to Michael's  I found the stones, red balls and wood bits.  (I'm not exactly sure what they are but they are beautiful in shape and color.) All of the pieces were prepackaged and on clearance for $2.50. 
  I knew I wanted a candle but I couldn't find the right color or size.  One thing I've learned is to be patient and the right thing will be found.  While looking for picture frames at Marshall's I found the exact candle I was looking for and it was only $4.99.  The scent was an added bonus - Amber Bark...it's amazing!!  Unfortunately since it was at Marshall's I don't think I'll find anymore of that scent. 

All together (besides the wood bowl) this project cost $7.50! It's all about the bargain hunting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...