Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Silhouette

I wanted to create a very simple spring element to place on my fireplace mantel.  I seem to have a thing for birds right now so I decided to do a bird silhouette on burlap.

The project was very simple and extremely cheap!  I paid $1 for the wooden bird.  Everything else I had - black paint, burlap, frame & white spray paint.


Once I painted the black frame a nice bright white, I placed a piece of burlap inside.  I chose not to glue the burlap since I am hoping to use this frame for other decorative elements as I change things for the seasons.  Along the same lines I didn't glue the bird to the burlap I just pinned it so that I can use it somewhere else if I choose.



I love how such a simple project has such an impact on my spring decor!

Linked to: Frugal Friday, Functional Fridays, Shine on Fridays, Making Monday Marvelous

1 comment:

  1. Good thinking on not making it permanent. That will be nice to be able to swap out for different seasons. And it will make decorating so much easier.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...