Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Steak Soup

I had some steak in the freezer I wanted to use up but the weather wasn't nice for grilling so I decided to try making a soup.  I found a recipe from Gray Cardiagn for Crockpot Steak Soup.  I changed a few things with the recipe based on our preferences and what I had in the house already.



Ingredients
3 C. water
1can diced tomatoes with garlic and onions
6 oz frozen carrots

5 oz frozen corn
1 lb. sirloin steak, cubed 
4 beef bouillon cubes
1/2 C. butter
1/2 C. flour


Place everything (except the butter and flour) in the crockpot and cook on low for 9 hours.  During the last 1 1/2 hours I added the roux of flour and butter.  

This smelled so good cooking away all day!  It was excellent paired with the homemade French bread I made and shared here



6 comments:

  1. I love soup!!

    I think this is my first time of visiting your blog, please stop by and visit my blog and say hello as well and become a follower (if you are not one already) at: http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jessica! This is the best time of the year for soup, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  2. I am excited for soup weather! This is a good recipe for me since I usually overcook meat and to save it I can throw it in a soup. Did you microwave the butter to melt it or just mix the two together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did microwave the butter then mixed the flour in before adding it to the crockpot. I would say that after having a 2nd bowl of soup the next day I think it would be yummy without the roux as well! Or maybe a little less? I'm going to play with the recipe throughout the season and see what I come up with, be sure to share your thoughts when you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, yum, yum, this looks delish! I love finding new crock pot recipes to try. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share next week! Have a wonderful weekend
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the time of year that I start looking for some good soup recipes. Steak soup sound delicious to me and I'm sure the boyfriend would love it too. THanks for sharing on Whatcha WHipped Up! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...