Monday, September 10, 2012

Pregnancy Update - 17 Weeks



This past month has flown by...not feeling nauseous sure does make a difference!  I am still struggling with being tired, but that's okay, it will all be worth it in a few months!  I figure this whole pregnancy experience is preparing me to slow down and accept that it's okay to sit down and relax in the middle of the day!

Our 16 week appointment went well!  Everything looks and sounds perfect!  It's so amazing to hear that little heartbeat - it sure does beat fast!! According to babycenter.com this is what our little one is looking like this week.
Source
We've started tackling the baby's room.  At first it seemed like we just needed a new floor and some paint...but the project list has grown now!  I'll be sure to share more details in a future post but our to do list in that room includes:

  • Moving a closet wall
  • Replacing the ceiling
  • Rewiring the electrics & adding a ceiling light
  • Removing old carpet  & installing hardwood floors
  • Removing old wallpaper & painting the room
  • Decorating (that's my favorite part!)
Here is a sneak peek of the ugliness we're dealing with.  "Nice" green paint covering "beautiful" paneling on the bottom and an "elegant" shade of green painted over textured wallpaper!  At this point any change we make will be an improvement and dramatic! 







5 comments:

  1. I am excited to see the changes and how you decorate. So fun. But that sure seems like a lot to do.

    I am laughing at that being tired comment because literally, just yesterday, Joe commented on how he thinks being tired will now be a perpetual thing in our house. And you are right, it is so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a bit to adjust to not being involved but with the dust going on in the room I've been able to sneak naps in while the work is being done...I think it will be much more fun to be tired with a baby than just tired with a belly! :)

      Delete
  2. While it has been many years since I was pregnant, reading of your excitement makes me smile, and remember. Growing a baby is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Lisa, it really is the best! Glad I could remind you of the wonderful thing we get to do as women! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...